Used Forklifts | Boise
Raymond West is a Boise supplier of used forklifts.
We are backed by one of the largest service and parts operations in Idaho.
Call us today at (800) 675-2500
Are you thinking about buying used forklifts? There are untold numbers of used lift trucks available in Boise and throughout Idaho. Acquiring gently used fork trucks is usually a sound strategy and it could save you some money. If you are not quite sure about buying used forklifts, consider some of the upsides:
Used Forklifts in Boise
If you purchase brand new forklifts, loan setup and order delivery is not immediate. The benefit of used forklift sales is that they are nearby, tend to close pretty rapidly and delivery is right away.
Pre-Owned Forklift Pricing
Just like purchasing a used vehicle, you’ll pay less when you purchase used forklifts. Pre-owned lift truck pricing discounts depend greatly on the truck category and brand of forklift, but you will almost always pay a lot less for used equipment. When you find a used forklift for sale, it’s a good idea to check prices on at least two equivalent vehicles in your region to ensure that you’re getting a fair deal.
Used Forklift Values
Choosing used as opposed to brand new can often allow you to get much better forklifts than you could otherwise manage to buy. Used lift truck prices for later models that are very similar to the newest available can be heavily discounted, which means you can purchase state of the art equipment for a fraction of the price of new.
Used Forklift Dealers
If you purchase your trucks from a preowned lift truck dealer that acts as a distributor, you can get manufacturer certified, preowned lift trucks that are almost equivalent to purchasing new. These used lift trucks are fully checked out, refreshed and overhauled by fully qualified technicians and they usually are sold with a warranty.
Purchasing from a dealer can also provide you access to their service contracts, lease programs, parts program and other things that are not available with a private sale.
Since you’re now aware of some of the advantages of purchasing used forklifts, you might want to contemplate several other factors to see if a previously owned lift truck plan is right for your business:
- Lift Truck Hours of Use: how much do you plan to utilize your trucks? If your fork trucks will be in use throughout multiple shifts, seven days a week, it could likely be a better option to lease your trucks or purchase them brand new, even if you pay more up front. Heavy use patterns are better suited to new equipment, or lift trucks that you’re not ultimately responsible for maintaining.
- Maintenance Capability: are you employing mechanics that can service your previously owned lift trucks? When you have a mechanic on your team that can fix and service previously owned lift trucks, it makes sense to buy used equipment. When you don’t have those types of skills in house, you may want to sign up for a maintenance contract.
- Trustworthy Preowned Lift Truck Dealers: purchasing from a well known, knowledgeable dealer is always advised. Dealers will many times unload off-lease equipment that has been consistently and correctly maintained. Private transactions, in contrast, are always a risk—you have no way of knowing the true background of the forklifts or the manner in which they were maintained.
- Lift Truck Safety: any time you’re buying a used forklift, you should always be conscious of safety as your number one concern. For every transaction you should schedule a used forklift inspection from a qualified professional.
- Used Forklift Buyer Protection: previously owned lift trucks obtained from dealerships many times come with a short term warranty. If you can secure an additional warranty or service contract, you should consider the added charge vs the cost of procuring brand new forklifts.
Used Forklifts For Sale in Boise
If you’d like to buy a preowned forklift or get information on preowned forklifts available in Boise or anywhere in Idaho, you can speak with a professional at Raymond West by calling (800) 675-2500.
Raymond West's Boise service center serves most of Idaho, including Boise, Nampa, Meridian, Idaho Falls, Caldwell, Pocatello, Twin Falls, Post Falls and surrounding areas.
743 W McGregor Ct #100
Boise, ID 83705