Used Forklifts | Long Beach
Raymond West is a Long Beach supplier of used forklifts.
We are backed by one of the largest service and parts operations in California.
Call us today at (562) 444-1222
Are you considering the purchase of used forklifts? There are untold numbers of pre-owned lift trucks for sale in Long Beach and throughout the Southern CA market. Acquiring pre-owned fork trucks is usually a sound strategy and it most likely will save you some cash. If you are not yet convinced about buying used forklifts, consider some of the benefits:
Used Forklifts in Long Beach
When acquiring new lift trucks, loan setup and truck delivery is not immediate. One benefit of used lift truck sales is that they are nearby, often close quickly and you can take delivery sooner.
Kind of like purchasing a pre-owned car, you will often spend less when you purchase pre-owned forklifts. Pre-owned lift truck pricing discounts depend greatly on the truck type and lift truck brand, but you will usually pay a lot less for pre-owned fork trucks. If you track down a used forklift for sale, you may want to compare prices on at least two comparable lift trucks in your market area to ensure that you’re being offered a decent price.
Lift Truck Values
Buying pre-owned in lieu of brand new can often allow you to get much better forklifts than you could otherwise manage to buy. Pre-owned lift truck prices for later models that are nearly the same as the newest available can be highly discounted, which means you can get the latest technology for far less than the price of buying new.
Used Forklift Dealers
If you purchase your trucks from a preowned lift truck dealer that is also a distributor, you can get dealer certified, used lift trucks that are just about as good as buying brand new. These previously owned lift trucks are fully inspected, refreshed and mechanically restored by certified professionals and they usually come with a warranty.
Buying from a distributor can also provide you access to their financing, service contracts, parts delivery and other advantages that aren’t an option with a private party transaction.
Since you’re now mindful of many of the advantages of buying preowned forklifts, you might want to contemplate a few extra factors to see if a previously owned forklift approach is right for your business:
- Lift Truck Hours of Use: how much do you plan to utilize your trucks? If your fork trucks will be in use throughout multiple shifts, every day, it could likely be more advantageous to lease your lift trucks or buy them new, even if you pay more up front. Intensive use patterns are more appropriate for new forklifts, or trucks that you’re not ultimately responsible for maintaining.
- Maintenance Ability: do you have in-house resources that can service your previously owned forklifts? When you have an expert on your team that can maintain and repair used lift trucks, it makes sense to buy used equipment. When you don’t have those types of skills in house, you should consider a service agreement.
- Trustworthy Used Lift Truck Dealers: buying from a trustworthy, knowledgeable dealer is always sensible. Dealerships will often resell off-lease trucks that have been regularly and correctly maintained. Private transactions, however, are generally a crapshoot—you have no way of knowing the true history of the forklifts or the manner in which they were maintained.
- Forklift Safety: if you’re buying used equipment, you should always consider safety as your primary concern. Always request a used forklift inspection from a qualified technician.
- Preowned Lift Truck Warranty: preowned forklifts purchased from dealers many times are supplied with a temporary warranty. When you can buy an extra warranty or service contract, you can calculate the added expense vs the cost of procuring brand new forklifts.
Used Forklifts For Sale in Long Beach
If you want to purchase a used lift truck or get information on used forklifts available in Long Beach or anywhere in Southern California or Las Vegas, you can speak with a professional at Raymond West by calling (562) 444-1222.