Used Forklifts | Phoenix
Raymond West Inc is a Phoenix supplier of used forklifts.
We are backed by one of the largest service and parts operations in Arizona.
Call us today at (602) 275-2228
Are you thinking about buying used forklifts? There are untold numbers of used lift trucks available in Phoenix and throughout the Southwest. Acquiring previously owned fork trucks is usually a sound strategy and it may save you some money. If you are not quite sure about buying used forklifts, take into account a few of the benefits:
Used Forklifts in Phoenix
When acquiring new equipment, terms negotiation and order delivery can take time. The great advantage to used lift truck sales is that they are usually close by, often close pretty rapidly and delivery is right away.
Used Lift Truck Pricing
Just like buying a used vehicle, you’ll pay less when you buy pre-owned lift trucks. A used forklift price discount depends very much on the truck type and brand of forklift, but you will almost always pay a lot less for used fork trucks. If you track down a used lift truck for sale, you may want to compare prices on at least two similar lift trucks in your market area to make sure you’re getting a fair deal.
Pre-Owned Forklift Values
Choosing used in lieu of brand new can often allow you to get much better forklifts than you could otherwise manage to buy. Pre-owned lift truck prices for newer models that are nearly the same as the newest on the showroom floor can be highly discounted, meaning you can acquire state of the art equipment for quite a bit less than the cost of buying brand new equipment.
Used Forklift Dealers
When you buy from a used forklift dealer that is also a distributor, you can get factory certified, preowned forklifts that are nearly on par with purchasing brand new. These previously owned lift trucks are fully checked out, refreshed and refurbisheded by fully qualified specialists and they frequently come with a warranty.
Purchasing from a dealer can also provide you access to their financing, service contracts, parts program and other advantages that are not available with a private purchase.
Since you’re now aware of a few of the advantages of buying used lift trucks, you may want to evaluate a few additional factors to see if a preowned lift truck plan is right for your business:
- Equipment Use Hours: how much will you be using your forklifts? If your fork trucks will be in use throughout multiple shifts, seven days a week, it may actually be a better option to lease your lift trucks or purchase them brand new, even if you pay more up front. Intensive utilization scenarios are better suited to new forklifts, or lift trucks that come with a maintenance warranty.
- Service Capability: are you employing mechanics that can service your used lift trucks? If you have a mechanic on your team that can fix and service previously owned lift trucks, it makes sense to buy used equipment. If you don’t, you may want to sign up for a service contract.
- Reputable Preowned Lift Truck Dealers: purchasing from a reputable, knowledgeable dealership is always sensible. Dealerships will many times resell off-lease forklifts that have been regularly and properly maintained. Private party transactions, in contrast, are almost always a risk—you have no way of knowing the true history of the forklifts or the manner in which they were maintained.
- Forklift Safety: if you’re buying used equipment, you should always be mindful of safety as your number one concern. For every transaction you should schedule a used forklift inspection from a qualified technician.
- Preowned Lift Truck Warranty: used lift trucks bought from dealers frequently are supplied with a temporary warranty. If you can buy an extended warranty or service agreement, you can calculate the added expense vs the outlay of buying brand new equipment.
Used Forklifts For Sale in Phoenix
If you want to purchase a used forklift or get information on used lift trucks available in Phoenix or anywhere in Arizona, Southern California or Las Vegas, you can speak with an expert at Raymond West Inc by calling (602) 275-2228.