Pick To Light Solutions | Reno / Sparks, NV
Raymond West is a Washoe County warehouse automation consultant. We design, install and maintain order picking solutions.
Call us today at 775-356-8383.
Enterprises that run complex warehouse and distribution operations are always on the lookout for technologies that can increase performance and lower expenses. These organizations generally perform thousands of order selections per hour, and systems that offer higher pick accuracy can deliver considerable expense decreases and improved client satisfaction.
Over the last few years, several new picking innovations have been added to the marketplace. Among them, "pick-to-light" technology is distinct for its ability to significantly increase warehouse efficiency while nearly eradicating pick errors.
How Pick to Light Works
Order pickers scan a barcode on a tote or picking container which is an encoded representation of an individual customer order. Based on the shipment, the system will require an operator to pick a product from a certain bin.
Normal pick-to-light systems use lights installed above the racks or bins in order picking zones. Based upon each order, a light will illuminate with a quantity to select. Pickers select the item or items for the order, and press the illuminated indicator to verify that the pick has actually been fulfilled. When no more lamps light up, it advises the order picker that the request is complete.
Light Pick Benefits
Warehouses that implement pick-to-light systems can typically fulfill more than 450 picks per hour, per picker. This means an almost tenfold improvement over warehouse pickers using paper based systems. Here are a few other reasons warehouse operators may wish to seriously consider the technology:
- 30-50% boosts in pick rate productivity
- 99.9+% accuracy rates
- Decreased order cycle times
- Higher throughput
- Abbreviated employee training time
- Superior customer experience
- Reduced operational expenditures through lowered labor, errors, rework or returns
- Consistent picking processes
- Lessened costs through the removal of paper picking lists
- An intelligent pick process with visibility into daily KPIs
Pick to Light Hardware
Although there are countless Pick-to-Light vendors with varying solutions, many systems include the following components:
- Light Signaling Devices. This is how the system communicates with the operator. Light devices have an LED to indicate the location of the product and an item count display so the operator knows the number of units to pick. Usually there is a confirmation button on the module that the operator pushes when a selection has actually been finalized. Some light devices have override functions that permit pickers to increase or reduce selection quantities manually.
- Bay Displays. These alphanumeric screens are placed at each rack bay or pick zone. They indicate order numbers, handling directions and other important information.
- Bus/ Duct Substrate. The majority of pick-to-light installations use a bus system that gets installed to each rack face. These buses supply electricity and data to lights and displays. Each bus has an independent electrical and data feed, guaranteeing that the failure of one bus does not impede the entire system. Lights can be easily positioned at any point along the bus, so when SKU locations are changed the system can be reconfigured effortlessly.
Warehouse Picking Automation Consultants in Western Nevada
For more details on how you can incorporate a pick-to-light solution in your warehouse or distribution center, call a Raymond West consultant today. Raymond's Reno / Sparks service operation includes all of Western Nevada, including Reno, Sparks, Carson City, Minden, Gardnerville, Incline Village, Virginia City, Indian Hills, Johnson Lane, Fernley, Fallon, Dayton, Silver Springs, Spanish Springs, Yerington, Genoa and Zephyr Cove.
Raymond West | Reno / Sparks Material Handling Equipment Supplier
1315 Greg Street, Suite 112
Sparks, NV 89431-6091
You May Also Like:
Sortation Systems | Reno / Sparks
Raymond West supplies a full range of conveyor and automation products, including all types of sortation solutions. To speak with a Raymond automation expert, phone us at 775-356-8383.
Warehouse Robotics | Reno / Sparks, NV
Warehouse Robotics can change the economics of your warehouse. Raymond West is the top warehouse automation supplier in Washoe County. Give us a call today at 775-356-8383.
Covid 19 Safety Products | Reno / Sparks
Raymond West is a Washoe County material handling equipment company, offering a full range of warehouse safety products for Covid 19.
Utility Vehicles | Reno / Sparks
Raymond West offers a wide variety of electric utility vehicles for industrial, educational, municipal and commercial uses.